* Purchase of an TravelPass™ does not assure you a seat/space
until you use it to make a reservation. Without using your pass to make
a prior reservation a seat is not guaranteed.
* Sector reservations using your pass may be made free of charge by contacting the InterCity® National Contact Centre.
TravelPass™ is valid for twelve months from the date of activation. Activation occurs when travel is first booked against the pass, not the first date of travel. TravelPass ™ is non-refundable once once activated.
* Each TravelPass™ has a specific set of valid bus services based on the routes and regions included. Alternative routes using other services is not permitted.
Only InterCity® and Newmans Coach Lines™ bus services are included in the pass, with the exception of sectors where noted that they are operated instead by GreatSights® or awesomeNZ®. Private
or contracted operator services are not included.
* Backtracking is not allowed except for the return leg between Milford Sound and Queenstown, Mt Cook or Paihia and Auckland as stated within those pass descriptions.
Travel may not be repeated along any sector.
* No hotel pick ups and drop offs are available for TravelPass™ holders.
* Milford Sound cruises cannot be taken on this pass unless an accompanying bus sector is booked into Milford Sound at the same time.
* Multiple passengers: Each traveller must have their own pass. It is possible to buy two or more passes in one
purchase through our Travel Centre. All passengers must then travel together on the same dates and same services. However if you intend to travel on different dates or services you must purchase the passes in separate booking transactions. If you purchase two or more passes in the same booking but later decide to travel separately, please contact us directly to split your pass. A $50 administration fee applies for splitting passes.
Note: It is recommends that all pass holders carry adequate travel insurance to ensure no loss should they be unable to travel after their pass has been activated.
* The Milford Sound route will be operated by awesomeNZ® during peak season. However during our off-peak season this service may be operated by GreatSights®.
* TravelPass™ is not transferable and cannot be extended.
InterCity® agents may charge a $3.00 booking fee per sector booked using your pass (this does not apply to the initial sale of the pass).
Except where noted, passes are for bus travel only; they do not include meals, entrance fees to attractions, cruises or separate tours.
* Terms and conditions valid until 30 September 2017.
* All travel on a TravelPass™ is
subject to the Conditions of Carriage of the Operators used.
* Bicycles can be carried on any bus train and ferry service.
Bicycles are restricted to 1 per passenger and carriage of a bicycle is
subject to space being available on the day of travel . There
is a surcharge for each train and ferry sector travelled and is payable on
the day of travel. The surcharges are -
- Train/Coach travel sector - NZ$10.00 per travel sector
- Ferry travel sector - NZ$15.00 per sailing per bicycle
All bicycles must have folding handle bars and pedals.
* Check in for any train service is at least 20 minutes prior to
departure time, a Cook Strait ferry service at least 45 minutes prior to
* A TravelPass™ does NOT
guarantee a seat on any long distance bus, coach, scenic coach, train or foot passenger space on a Cook Strait
ferry sailing unless a
reservation has been made.
* Interislander Cook Strait crossings, Milford Sound cruises, Waitomo Caves, the awesomeNZ® Cape Reinga day trip and the Fullers GreatSights® Dolphin Cruise are only included in passes where noted.
Limited seat allocations on specific sailings/departures and bookings must be made at least 26 hours in advance of the desired travel date. During peak travel periods we recommend booking further ahead in advance to avoid disappointment.
* Bus/coach sector reservations must be made at least 2 hours
prior to travel. During peak travel periods we recommend booking further
in advance to avoid disappointment.
* Reservations for rail journeys must be made at least 48 hours in advance.
* A one time booking fee of $2.00 per transaction may apply to the initial purchase of the pass.
* Once your travel reservation/s have been confirmed, you will be emailed travel e-ticket/Itineraries of your travel sector/s containing the departure dates, departure/arrival times and check-in times
to the email address that was given in the original purchase of a TravelPass™.
* Its important to print any pass purchase confirmations and
e-ticket/itineraries and included in them with your other travel
documents. This will save any possible confusion and/or disruption
to your travel.
Conditions of Use
* Once issued, your TravelPass™ is fully refundable if cancelled
48 Hours prior to pass start date. No refund if cancelled within 48
Hours pass start or travel date or if a train travel reservation/s have
* A NZ$30.00 Refund Processing Fee will apply if a TravelPass™ is cancelled cancelled 48 Hours prior to pass start date.
* When travelling on a TravelPass™, train and ferry reservations
or cancellations must be made at 24 hours prior to travel date.
When travelling on the TravelPass™, photographic
identification MUST be produced for both train and ferry travel.
* There is no refund for any unused travel 'Days' or 'Sectors', dates or cancelled services.
you are experiencing any problems in making your reservation or would like one
of our travel consultant's to make a reservation for you, please do not hesitate to contact
Travel Centre team.